Week 10: Isekai



This week I read That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime. I thought this was a really weird feeling and I constantly felt out of my element literally while reading it. It is such an odd thing for the author to think about making the main character actually a blob of slime. It is true that audiences relate well to human characters because we have similar looks or go through similar things, there is actually something to latch onto when reading it. However as a slime, I found it so odd and so entertaining as I tried to latch onto a talking slime and it was quite funny in my opinion and entertaining to try to do that.

I also found it funny that it talked to the other creatures and had a sort of narration going on inside it's own 'mind' from the higher being. The concept all in all for this manga is really out of this world and it was quite an entertaining read.

I have also watched The Boy and the Beast multiple times before and it is also one of my all time favourites. I think the world building in the other realm was so interesting and of course how goofy, clumsy and headstrong the main beast character is makes it all the more lovable and enduring. I think the concept of the world was well done to teach certain lessons aligning with the plot. But most of all the father son relationship between the two characters really tied everything together for me. 

Comments

Popular Posts